Health And Wellness
What Is Our Health And Wellness Philosophy
Our philosophy on providing care to those with Alzheimer’s and other related dementias has always been to focus on the individual resident and maintaining their dignity. There can be many challenges when battling this disease and these challenges differ from person to person. The more we understand the individual the more meaningful care we can provide.
How Do We Make This Successful?
- We set realistic goals that focus on supporting each resident’s current abilities.
- Using our collective one hundred and fifty years of experience to be proactive vs. reactive when facing a resident’s challenges.
- Dignified assistance with the activities of daily living, day and night.
- An accurate and comprehensive resident assessment process.
- Dementia-related behavioral management and support methods
as the mind changes.
- Supervising Nurses on-site to act in a proactive way to maintain well-being
- Medication Management by our trained staff helps assure that the Doctors orders are followed and that provides the Doctor the confidence that the therapeutic results are as desired or can be adjusted if needed.
- Practical and realistic physical therapy in spaces that residents use daily, realizing that memory is a challenging part of being able to do repetitive exercises if assigned by a therapist.
- Our program seeks to provide access to a variety of Doctors, Home Health Agencies, Physical Therapists, and Hospice agencies to find the best fit for your loved one.
- The Vigil Monitoring System supports safety and allows the technology to reach out when a person cannot express a need.
- A simple pricing structure that steers away from points or timed-based care.
- We are a boutique-sized community that allows us to focus on the individual.